Monday, October 8, 2007

P!ATD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So, Panic! at the Disco have decided that no music is better than anything that they can come up with and boy I can't agree more.

Ever since they burst onto the Music That Gives Rich White Kids Something To Be Upset About scene with their emo-whine-scream anthems about getting picked on in the locker room or whatever, Panic! At The Disco has, in my opinion, been nothing more than a giant, grammatically-incorrect musical mistake painted up to look like The Cure, except gay and on ecstasy. So when I read in NME Magazine that the band recorded a bunch of new songs, decided they were too weird and scrapped them altogether, I felt compelled to humble myself and apologize for unfairly judging them. Having the courage to realize that your music is totally unnecessary and the world is better off not having it at all is a sign of real maturity that one would not expect from fashion themselves to look like emo Care Bears.

Panic! At The Disco have scrapped their second album after recording a batch of songs they say are too weird.

The band told NME that the follow-up to 2006’s ‘A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out’ sounded too much like another band.

I’m not sure who is this “other band” they’re referring to (Damn Yankees maybe?), but for me, their songs all sound a lot like a genre of music I call “Sounds I Would Really Rather Not Have To Hear”, so I applaud their bold creative choice to release an album whose concept is Not Existing At All. Hell, now I might even become a fan of their new musical direction, at least if the time and mood is right for it. Like, say, when I’m sleeping.



Let us pray.

No comments: